Days Till Baby Comes

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yesterday Robert went out and worked with Sassy, my new 2 yr old gray mare. He decided that she needed to be worked a bit so he worked with her on running circles in the corrall. It took her a little while to figure out that she was supposed to run around the right way and when Robert wanted her to but she eventually figured that out. She's starting to shed her winter coat and she's looking a lot lighter gray than she did when we got her. Well, at least her back end is getting lighter, her front end is still really dark. Robert is glad that she's dark and not light. But I'm glad that she's light not dark. So we'll see if she's a mix or is she decides that she wants to be one shade or the other. I'll try to get some pictures posted of her soon. But for now use your imagination. She has white on her front two feet and on one of her back feet. A blaze down her face, a very long tail and thick mane. She's cute. I like her. She's also starting to recognize my car and that I'm in the car. When I get ready to leave for work in the morning she comes over to the fence and whinnies at me to come over and give her a scratch on the head. It's fun. I can only imagine that she's kinda like a kid, but she doesn't talk and she doesn't have to go every where with me. Ok so it's not really like having a kid, but I love her just the same. It's the closest that I can get to one for now though.

2 comments:

Mrs. Edgel said...

Love your page! And the title is very clever -- Strong Arms! Can't wait to see photos of your horse.

Steffani said...

I am so glad you have a blog! Now we can keep tabs on each other better! I am adding you to my list of friends and family!