Days Till Baby Comes

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Visit from Sue

So to tell how bad I am about getting pics up, my sister Susan and her family came through town on their way from moving from Indiana to Washington about two weeks or so ago. And her son Carter loves horses and cowboys. And of course who better to do cowboy stuff and see horses than to come see Uncle Robert and Aunt Bonnie. So they came out and we rode horses for a few hours. It was lots of fun and everyone had a good time. Carter rode with 'Cowboy Robert' the whole time and I got to take William with me for a little ride.

Then Charlie got on a rode, and I think that if Sue wasn't so pregnant at the time, she might have also gotten on. But you never know...
This is Pregnant Cowgirl Sue. Aint she cute!?!

Anyway, Robert is such a good uncle - he let Carter hold the reins and let him turn Red where he wanted him to go (with a little help from Robert, of course).


Towards the end of the 2 and 1/2 hours of riding, Carter decided that he wanted to try going faster so Robert nudged Red a little bit and they trotted around the arena a couple of times. And oh my goodness did Carter eat that up! It was really fun to see him talking and having fun with Robert.

William being just like his daddy. Cute huh?

So after we got done riding we went over to my house (which is only three houses down from this arena. Cool huh?) and had a barbeque. It was lots of fun and my dog sure did love being around the kids and being chased. Carter loves to chase her.

4 comments:

Steffani said...

That looks so much fun. I don't remember the last time I rode a horse. I remember when we had a reunion at Sourdough and we went on a REALLY long night ride! It scared me to death!! You home renovations are coming along great! Robert is so handy! You probably are too. Oh, I really like the perennials called phlox (Not creeping phlox), you know, they get a couple feet tall with like a ball of blossoms on top in white and purple. I can't find them anywhere and I want some so bad! where should I look?

Meredith said...

Wow! When you blog, you really blog! It was fun to see everything!

Bonnie said...

I'm not sue of a place close to you to find it but any garden center should have them. At least the bigger ones anyway. Let me know if you find any!

Mrs. Edgel said...

how fun! Where'd Sue get the cool black hat?