Days Till Baby Comes

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

OUCH!

Ok so yesterday I came home and brought with me some round-up and fertilizer to use around the house. Well I got home and was spraying the weeds around the dog kennel and in between the corral and I was trying to get some weeds that were farther behind the kennel and stepped down on some boards. Well I guess I wasn't paying much attention or it really blended in to the wood but I stepped on a nail! And holy crap!! It hurt like heck! The nail went into my flip flop (I know, I know - Why the heck was I spraying and wearing flip flops? well, that is a very good question that I don't really have an answer to.) and then into my foot right under my second toe on my left foot. And ya it really hurts! Robert had to come out and help me get to the house. He had to pull my flip flop off the nail but he said that like 1/4 to 3/8ths inch of the nail was probably in my foot. So it wasn't way deep but enough that it really hurts to walk on it. And it really sucks cause its in the right place that even shifting gears in my car is extremely painful! But I called the health department and they said that I needed to get a tetanus shot again cause the last time I had one was nine years ago and it's supposed to be good for ten, so I should be covered. We'll see how things go tomorrow, cause I really hate to get shots, so if it starts looking better I'm not going to go and get one... I know your all saying "Holy crap Bonnie! Don't be stupid! Go and get a shot!" but I really really hate getting shots. So I'm hoping I don't have to. Anyway I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

2 comments:

Steffani said...

I cringed when I read that! How horrible!! You really should get the shot! The tetanus ones are the worst though!

Harkness said...

Holy Cow friend! That sounds like something i would do! :) Hope your foot gets better soon so we can go shopping or something cause i haven't seen you forever! Take care!