Days Till Baby Comes

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Things I've had on my mind

So there have been a few things on my mind recently, one of which is that I haven't been blogging much. In case you were wondering why, let me tell you. Spring is exceptionally busy for me at the greenhouse and well, let's just face it - Robert doesn't blog. He leaves that up to me. So back to me... now that it is summer I have a little bit more time to do fun things to pass the time.

Now here's my list of things that have been on my mind:

1. I know I'm going to get a lot of crap about this but with the recent events I just feel like I need to defend myself.

I don't understand all the hype with Twilight. No, I've never read the books and no, I've never watched the movies (well, actually I did watch a very short part of it and I didn't find it at all interesting). And something really hard for some of you to believe is that I don't want to, nor will I. Thanks for asking though!

Vampires and Wolves (I know that's not right, but you know what I'm talking about) don't appeal to me. I don't like fantasies like that. I just don't get it. And all this stuff with taking sides on teams and stuff. Umm, Hello!! Jacob is WAY hotter in the pictures! DUH! Buff tan guy with no shirt on versus a VERY pale, skinny guy! I'm totally all for the buff, tan guy! Anyway...I don't feel like I will be any less of a person or not going to see the movies or reading the books. I think I will manage just fine. But again, Thanks for asking!

2. I HATE drama. Drama hates me. And lately there has been a TON of drama! Drama with friends and with family and it drives me nuts! If there is a problem then the best answer is to talk to the person about it. Not just stew on it until one thing rolls into another and then snowballs into something massive! Let's not act like kids in Jr High. Let's act like adults that know how to use their big kid words and figure out a compromise. Life would be SO much better if we all knew how to communicate better and tell everything that you are thinking and not just parts to the things that you are thinking. A conversation shouldn't be a game where you have to guess what things the other person is thinking but not telling you.

And finally 3- I Love riding horses. It is probably one of the best things out there that really gets you back to nature and where we come from. I love riding in Posse. It has helped me so much to become a better more confidant rider. And I think that it helps to have a horse that is also confidant in what they are supposed to be doing as well. In the Morgan Rodeo, at the very end of our performance, we ride out shooting our black powder guns. Usually I stop right at the gate and just go out, but the guy I ride with wanted to go around again so we started going but his horse stopped and wouldn't go past the gate so I went around by myself and had the greatest time! Duchess (the horse I ride) was just cruisin around the corners and leaned really hard into the corner. It was beautiful! It just felt like I was gliding on the air! Oh man! I had the biggest smile plastered on my face the rest of the night. It was great! And Duchess and I butted heads a little bit right before our first rodeo and again after and we both came to an understanding of how things were going to go from then on because at Morgan she didn't fight me at all when I needed to hold her back on the cross-overs. So that is good. Hopefully it will stay that way for Ogden!

Well, There ya have it! Hopefully I will be able to blog again soon!! Happy 4Th of July!!

4 comments:

bobandhaley said...

I know what you are saying about the Twilight stuff. I WAS the same way Bon, vampires... come on! I caved with presser though. The books are really good, way better then the movies. If you read it you will get it. I know you say you won't ever get into it, but if you gave it a chance you would like it :) As for riding, I don't know where you are coming from but I am glad you like it!

Marriott Family said...

Ya, I am glad you posted! I am with ya on the Drama thing! I hate it too! And I am glad you are liking posse! I need/want to ride more! :) Can't wait to watch ya in Ogden for the 24th!! Yeah!!

Mac and Alisa said...

Oh I hate Twighlight. I was dragged to opening night of twighlight with my sister. Couldnt understand what was going on. So I read the books and hated everyone of them. Cant believe people will allow their kids to read things like that. So glad it doesnt appeal to someone else also. :) Jealous of your horse riding.

Carly said...

haha yeah it took me a long time to read them, after so many people told me to. Jacob (the buff, tan hot guy) is SUPER annoying in the books. And the Edward in my head is way hotter than the one in the movies. But once I started reading them, i couldnt stop. i was pulling all nighters and stuff. i just HAD to know what was going to happen next. But yeah, its not lifechanging i guess. I read them when i was engaged so watching the movies takes me and my husband back to that exciting time so thats our "romantic" movie.

As for horseback riding...i havent had very good experiences. They never do what I want them to do. But they sure are beautiful! and my best friend in HS was a Rodeo Queen, we were on opposite ends of the spectrum, me being so anti-horseriding.
i completely agree with the drama. hope to see you in zumba soon!